Sunday, March 21, 2010

Random Music Suggestions

Now that my Spring Break is here, I am getting a chance to re-acquaint myself with my Ipod and music. I highly recommend the following "new" tunes (or at least they are relatively new to me):

Blitz the Ambassador "Ghetto Plantation"
Blitz the Ambassador "Dying to Live"
K'naan "Waving Flag"
Sollilaquists of Sound "Property and Malt Liquor"
Sollilaquists of Sound "Mark It Place"
Kid Cudi "Up, Up Away"
Immortal Technique "Mood Music"
Sene & Blue "Press Pause"
Aceyalone & RJD2 "All for You"
Viktor Vaughn (aka MF Doom) "Saliva"
Boycott Blues "Got Beef"
Aesop Rock "Daylight"
Atmosphere "Yesterday"
Q-Tip "Won't Trade"
"Moving at the Speed of Day"


Two bonus recommendations are "Hurt Me Soul" by Lupe Fiasco and "Dynamite" by the Roots. I have long loved these tracks and I am surprised that they have not gotten more attention.

And what is up with Mos Def's "Quiet Dog" on that commercial?

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, I saw that commercial and I thought, "That can't be Mos Def, can it?"

    Very strange indeed. Great list! If you like "Daylight," you should try out "None Shall Pass" by Aesop Rock.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will check out your Aesop Rock suggestion. Thanks!

    In the last few days, I heard a K'naan song being used on a commercial too. This is all very strange for me!

    ReplyDelete