Monday, March 25, 2013

Spring Cleaning

Because my Spring Break and the beginning of Passover coincided this year, I found myself doing a lot  of cleaning over the past few days. While never a fan of cleaning, I nonetheless found that I enjoyed, relatively speaking, this year's efforts. I probably liked it because I found a treasure trove of my old baseball cards. Now, I am able to give my 1970 Pete Rose, 1970 Reggie Jackson, and 1975 Hank Aaron to my boys. 

The ritual, however, also got me thinking about the importance of spring cleaning for maintaining our moral commitments and locating our values. There is something about cleaning out drawers and de-cluttering our houses that seems like a metaphor for the more important effort of re-calibrating our moral compasses each year. It is too easy for our us to loose track of our real values as we surrender to the rush of our ordinary responsibilities. 

In addition to a few days off and a cleaner bathroom, I think I have gained a little bit of needed perspective from my Spring Break.

1 comment:

  1. What has your government done to help save you from your financial instability? you strive to survive and yet you hear stories of how your leaders have become terror in your entities... is time to make a different. for will have made money, and we have also come to help you out from your long time of financial suffering. clearing of credit card is made available, software for hacking ATM machines, bank to bank hacking and transfer, change your school grade and become something useful in the society. we also have other form of services such as Facebook hack, whats-app hack, twitter hack, i cloud hack, tracking of smart phones, hacking CCTV, installation of software on desktop and PC, snap-chat hack, Skype hack, wire wire, bitcoin account hack, erase your criminal record and be free for ever. database hack and many more. e-mail: cyberhackingcompany@gmail.com for your genuine hacking services and we shock we your findings.  

    ReplyDelete